Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Harry Potter Break!!

It's finally here!! The last harry Potter movie ever! 

We have been reading and re-reading the books since day 1 and seeing each movie as they came out. From about #4 on we have been going to the midnight releases. My kids have done Hogwarts Summer school. Dressed up as the characters for Halloween. Gone to special book release parties. Had Potter-themed birthday parties. So tonight is exciting and sad at the same time. I know I have one more child to read the whole series aloud to. But we'll never have another HP midnight to go to. I'm glad I get to share it with Scout and Bella. I'm sorry Jem is too young. He'll be sound asleep by then. He just will never make it to stay up that late. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure I will!  I have been having more and more trouble each time we see a midnight movie. It's about 3:30 and I am sure Bella is already in line with the other crazies. Tonight we're seeing it in IMAX 3D. Had to go all out for the last one. Maybe that will keep me awake!

So anyway, I figured I needed to rest up today. That plus Scout doing her volunteer work at Shirley's Chihuahau Palace (as I like to call it - more about that later), and then lunch with Gramps also,  meant not much time anyway, so I decided we'd have a no school day!!   YAY!!

The kids were pretty excited and so was I :)

I needed to clip coupons AND start reading my book club book The Winter of Our Discontent by John Stienbeck (one of my favorite authors!), which needs to be read by Monday night and which I haven't even started!!  Better get off this blog and go read!!

Then after a quick dinner it will be off to stand in line for about 5 hours and then , sigh,  the last HP movie EVER!  Wish I didn't know what was going to happen, SOB, SOB.

BTW, Jem and his Dad are going to see Green Lantern tonight so he's happy as a clam :)
And Flossie, Freddie, and Dill aren't coming tomorrow so I can sleep in!  Well, a little bit. Bella has a job interview at 10 :(   Dang it.

No comments:

Post a Comment