Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

P is for Pumpkins! 10-25-11

Well, it's been over a month since my last post. Obviously MY LIFE IS BUSY people!!  Mainly I'm going to blame my computer and phone sitch. I've had my computer crash twice in the past couple of years causing me to lose ALL of my pictures that were stored on there. I am so worried about that now that I am not erasing any of the pics on my phone! That causes a big headache when I go to upload my new pics to the computer. Well, I have spent the past few days putting everything on cds. That's not my fav solution. I want to get Carbonite. I WILL be getting Carbonite. And soon. But, in the meantime, I bit the bullet and erased all the pics on my phone.  :(   Hope all is well for awhile.  Meanwhile I have been trying to organize the tons of pics on my computer and it's just a huge cluttered mess, which by the way I realize comes as absolutely no surprise to anyone who knows me. SOOO .  .  .

Meanwhile, life has gone on, and so has school and preschool. I have taken lots of pics of everything, and I'll just post what I have at the end of this post so they aren't lost.

As for today! We decided to make Pumpkin lapbooks thanks to some inspiration from 1+1+1=1 Tot School.   We used lots of the printables from her Pumpkin Preschool Pack and then some of the materials from the links she provided from Enchanted Learning. You can see pics of our Pumpkin Lapbook here.
We were so busy actually DOING the lapbooks that I realized when we were done that I hadn't taken any pics of them doing the work!!

Some of the only pics I got today were of a project Jem did with the kids making Haunted Houses out of cracker boxes.  We do this every year and they never seem to tire of it. We have a pretty cute little village by now.


We also finished up our pumpkin vine paintings. Yesterday we painted the vines and this morning we did the pumpkins.



This was after we read It's Pumpkin Time! by Zoe Hall. Freddie and Flossie loved the book and were very interested in how the pumpkins grew. It will be great to follow up on this when we go to the pumpkin patch this weekend!


We also used this as a guide for the  Pumpkin Lifecycle minibook in our lapbooks today. Good little book :)

This also followed a weeked of FALL up at our cabin! We went up to cut firewood before the winter snows. The kids carved pumpkins up there. We also got to see real leaves changing color on the trees, which was nice after our fall leaves art project last week.




It has definitely been a P is for Pumpkins week!

Here are some photos from the past couple of weeks:

























Freddie's Trick-or Treating map :)
                              

1 comment:

  1. :) Love these pictures. Have you ever thought of opening your own preschool? I mean, I know not right now but sometime in the future? Your such a good teacher.
    On second thought, maybe you just need to go to Nepal! :)
    K

    ReplyDelete