Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Z is for Zebra - Part 1 - 8/9/11

Well, I figured out this morning that I can get all my preschool done easily by 10:00 in the morning. We did a lot of work today and that's when we were done. That will make it possible to get on with school with the other kids once their real school year starts. Now, the problem will be keeping them busy and entertained during the the big kids school time. The workboxes will be one way. I don't like the idea of them going into the back room to play because they end up getting into to trouble when there is no one back there. Flossie is always getting into Scout's makeup when no one is looking! Maybe I can use computer time too.  Hmm . . .

Anyway, today, we got a lot accomplished in the morning. I had out color sorting fruits, clothes pin numbers, a water pouring station, wooden number tiles with foam numbers (number mamas and babies according to Flossie), wood blocks, and dry-erase letter practice.   I am still having a hard time convincing Freddie that these activities really are a part of school. He keeps asking when are we going to do school? And I keep telling him he is doing school! He thinks only worksheets are school. I 'll just have to keep explaining to him what he is learning by doing each activity I  guess. Not sure if that will convince him or not!






For our "school" today we started Letter Z.  Lots of our work was Z is for Zebra stuff from Raising Rock Stars and Confessions of a Homeschooler.





So, that was it for preschool today. Everything went smooth and easy. The kids were excited to be starting a new letter.

Jem is finding himself bored already :).  That's a good thing. He'll be eager to start school again in a couple of weeks!He and Scout had to clean their room today. It was back to wall to wall mess. I have to say they did a pretty good job this time, except for the huge pile of laundry which I KNOW is not all dirty clothes. They'll be going through that tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment