Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

L is for Ladybug - 4/13/11

Our day started with some relaxed free play - babies, wood blocks and Fisher-Price Little People, Unifix Cubes, and stamps and large stamp pads. The morning flowed naturally and without any problems. Everyone kept busy, and I had time to eat breakfast!








When they were done, the kids went outside to play for while. It's so nice that they can do this right now. The weather is beautiful. I know it won't last long, so I'm encouraging them to be out in it as much as they want to.  While they were out, I cleaned up and got ready for school. Jem was going to begin learning about dragonflies. Scout woke up and told me a whole plan for her school day. She wanted to finish her Minn glossary which she knew was going to be a lot of work and would tire her out, but she wanted to try to get it done. GO GIRL! She got busy with that as soon as she was up and ate.
The little kids were going to do some Ladybug work today. They made ladybug fingerprints on their Letter L worksheets. Then they did their counting exercise but on ladybugs this time. We used some of the Letter L material from the Raising Rock Stars site at Tot School and read the I See "L" books and practiced writing Ls while reviewing L word flash cards.  While we did this, Jem worked on the cover for his insect lapbook.






After all this hard work, the little kids asked if they could jump on the trampoline and I said a definite yes! I only let them do this if I am out there with them, and only one at a time, so it was kind of a treat. They don't do it every day.  They had a blast. Flossie's hair is so fine that the static was making it go crazy! We all had a laugh about it :) After that they came in for some dress up play. Scout had them all learning to waltz or something! I tried to video tape it with my camera but the results were less than perfect. I'll include it below and you can see for yourself.




After lunch and naps Jem helped the little kids make some Ladders.


So here's the video. I'll work on my technique!


No comments:

Post a Comment